Tuesday 25 March 2014

Curly/ wavy hair (special occasion)


Hey everyone, so today I am going to show you how to style your hair using straighteners. When curling your hair you do not always require a curling wond, it is very easy using a simple pair of hair straighteners and I have always found they create lovely bouncy curls every time!



The style I am going to show you may take some time but it will be worth it. You could wear it to a special occasion, such as a wedding or your prom, and I assure you it will look lovely on anybody.


Firstly, you have to get yourself a pair of hair straighteners. My hair straighteners are by Nicky Clarke. I love them because I find them easy to use. Also, you can change the temperature of the straighteners, therefore you don't need to worry about split ends, which is great!


Once you have turned your hair straighteners on, leave them to heat for a couple of minutes. During this time I advice you to apply a heat protecter. I am using the L'oreal Paris, studio silk and gloss hot straight spray, it prevents my hair from frizzing and is great for fine hair. Therefore, I highly recommend it to anybody in search of a good heat protecter. 


Next, using a grip,pin half of your hair up on one side. Brush this side of your hair before you use the straighteners.


Now, take a section of hair (about an inch thick) and place the hair within the straighteners. Now, begin to wrap the hair around the straighteners. Wait 10-15 seconds, then slowly pull down on the straighteners untill all the hair has been released. Repeat this process all around the head, until you have a head of curly hair.



Now, to complete the hairstyle, take a section of hair from the top of your head. Back comb underneath the section of hair and then pin the section of hair over the back combed area. This makes your hair have much more volume.



You now have beautiful curly hair, which will look amazing for any occasion. I hope this has helped in any way.
  

2 comments: